Follow on Bloglovin

viernes, 13 de junio de 2014

The end is the beginning

12.06.2014

I wake up in the morning all nervous, fidgeting and feeling uneasy. After all, this is my last day of exams and I better do well. I take Economics, Art History and Maths and they all seem to go better than expected (we'll see about the results in a few days)

After that, my world is partying. There's people all over the university campus jumping up and down, turning the music on, hugging and kissing each other...just letting go of all the stress that has haunted us this last weeks, while we did nothing but studying.

I just feel free. Free and ready to embrace the summer. Me and my friends grab a few drinks and head down the campus to find the others. Familiar faces surround us, people we haven't seen in decades...well, not decades since we're only 18... But a lot of years have passed since we were in primary school and everything seemed so light and jolly. We hug and congratulate everyone. In a few days it'll be time to choose a degree at university, but the hard part is done.

Again, I just feel free.

I lie down in the grass, facing the bright blue sky.

Summer's here. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario