Follow on Bloglovin

viernes, 20 de junio de 2014

Staying positive

"Be happy!" "Smile!" "Don't be so negative!" "Stay positive!"

It is very easy to say this things, but to actually accomplish them? Oh my. That's where the real trouble begins. I know some people tell you to just find the root of the problem and try to avoid it or say "just try and have nice, positive thoughts".
Great. Thanks a lot.

As if I hadn't tried that myself.

The real question is... are there really actual tips on how to stay positive? Can we strengthen those positive thoughts?

YES. And there are some of them:

1. Sleep (now I don't mean hide under the covers and never come out again, that'll only make it worse. But staying up all night won't help either. Eight hours of sleep will do just fine)

2. Exercise (come on you lazy cow. Get up from the couch)

3. Hobbies. Don't have any? Find one and pour your heart and soul into it. It helps taking your mind off any problems you may have.

4. Talk. Oh, the benefits of a good conversation...have a problem? Talk to your fiend, boyfrind, mom, aunt, whoever! Just talk about it. Don't have anyone to talk to? Talk to me! (I'm serious about this. I'm not a psychologist but at least I'll listen. You can contact me at karibukiara@gmail.com :) I'll certainly reply.

5. STOP for a minute and make a list of at least 3 good things that are going on in your life at the moment. I'm sure you can find some! 

6. Smile. It's proven that even a forced smile can lift your mood.

7. Lear to MEDITATE. Trust me, it's worth it. It helps you foccus on your breathing when you're feeling anxious.

8. Sing. But not sad songs. Put on Pharrell's "Happy" if you have to.

9. Help someone. it helps turning the negative attention you hace towards yourself into caring attention towards someone who might need your help.

10. Live in the MOMENT. Live and concetrate on what you're currently doing. Don't let your imagination run free everytime it gets a chance. It is proven that foccusing on our activities makes us more aware of what we're doing and therefore, more happy! If you're cleaning the dishes, clean the dishes. Don't imagine yourself lying on the beach in The Bahamas because that's just not happening.

11. One last thing. Say YES! Say yes to whatever oportunity you have even if you think you're going to be out of your comfort zone. In fact, precisely because you're going to be out of your comfort zone, SAY YES.

Paula Ducay.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario